In the UK, over forty million people access the internet each month and half of us now watch TV while surfing the internet via our laptop, mobile phone or tablet computer*. This availability of portable devices means that we are increasingly reliant on internet technology, for activities other than simple web browsing, for example:
- Network gadgets: We now use network printers, scanners and webcams at home.
- File sharing: We hold centralised family photos, music, movies and we expect to back-up our work files.
- Gaming: Our games consoles offer the thrill of massively multi-player games that can operate across a Local Area Network (LAN) or Wide Area Network (WAN).
- VOIP: We expect to make and receive free calls across the internet with services such as Skype.
- Home entertainment: We stream High Definition movies and music to different rooms simultaneously, and we still expect our broadband to cope.
As we adopt these different technologies we start to encounter performance issues. The Future Homes team will work with you to understand how your family uses technology and will design a secure home network that is right for you. From simple wireless installations, to Enterprise-level air-conditioned equipment rooms, Future Homes will create a robust network that delivers the high performance you deserve.