Home automation is becoming a viable option for the elderly and disabled who would prefer to stay in the comfort of their homes rather than move to a healthcare facility.These solutions use the same technology and equipment as home automation for security, entertainment, and energy conservation but tailors it towards the elderly and disabled.
Our solutions allow the elderly and disabled to stay in their homes where they feel comfortable, instead of moving to a costly health care facility. The transition to a health care facility can cause a lot of anxiety and home automation can either prevent or delay this anxiety.
For the disabled smart home technology gives them opportunity for independence, which will help them gain confidence and determination. Our systems can provide both the elderly and disabled with many different types of emergency assistance systems, security features, fall prevention, automated timers, and alerts. These systems allow for the individual to feel secure in their homes knowing that help is only minutes away.
Our systems can also make it possible for family members to monitor their loved ones from anywhere with an internet connection.
Advantages of a home control system with assisted living solutions.
- Motion sensors detect prescence within the room, this can trigger pre-programmed events to minimise the amount of button pressing required.
- Pressure pad sensors can detect occupancy of a chair or bed, when the pressure pad becomes unoccupied this can trigger alerts, or change the lighting scenes.
- Wireless keyfobs are easily integrated to operate as panic buttons, should the need be required.
- Two way communication can be acheived over the internet using integrated webcams.
- Emergency notification via email, and twitter etc. to multiple receivers.
- Mobile touchscreens and button controls, which can be attached to a bedside or wheelchair offer flexibilty for system installstion.
- With the advent of eye gaze technology, it has now become possible to control the homes devices using an eye gaze integrated system.