The Importance and advantages of installing a centrally located rack system for your homes electronic equipment
A question we are often asked by clients and people within our industry is, can I do without a rack? Our answer is simply no!
You may feel in the short term that by excluding a rack you will save a few euro(and believe me there is nothing wrong with saving a few euro). But in the long run you will end up spending more! The results of not having a rack is overheated equipment because of lack of ventilation, and stuffing equipment in a cupboard and because of no access to the rear of equipment, angry installers wil end up charging you more for maintenance.
You should look upon a rack as the essential part of any install, as it in itself gives you the luxury to create the clean finish design you are looking for. With all AV equipment neatly stored and installed within your rack system, you can be left with just an elegant TV or touchscreen to give you access to your video libraries, eliminating unsightly cabsles in the process.
So in essence Future Homes top 5 reason for installing a storage rack are:
- Eliminates clutter and unsightly cables in rooms throughout your home.
- Eliminates the need for multiple Sat boxes, Blu-Ray players etc. as they can be centrally distributed from the rack to all rooms.
- With in built fans and ventilated shelves, your AV equipment will last longer and is less likely to overheat.
- Allows you to manage the energy of your AV equipment by controlling the racks' power supply.
- Reduces on going maintenace costs as installer will spend less time at each service.
Have a look at this rack we installed in a project in Baltimore
So if you are looking for more information about installing a centralised system please contact us